5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Beans big 'ol tortoise butt.
Her tail is freaking huge!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1397009825.700077.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1397009838.650422.jpg

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

I meant to put this in pictures. Sorry y'all!

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
-fingers in ears- too early to tell. Too early to tell. La la la la. Too early to tell.
LOL, sorry, case of the sillies. -le sigh- Beans is probably a dude. But he is so young!!! Lololol.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I totally forgot about tortoise butt Tuesday! Bummer! Your babies are lookin good nice and smooth .

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
mike taylor said:
I totally forgot about tortoise butt Tuesday! Bummer! Your babies are lookin good nice and smooth .

The top of her carapace is a little bumpy. They other two are smoother and I'm just not sure why. I know in the scheme of things it's minimal but she (or he quite possibly since he seems to have a gigantic tail lol) is a little lumpy.
ImageUploadedByTortForum1397012836.984756.jpg

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
When it's fully grown you will have a beautiful smooth leo .

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: #tbt tortoise butt Tuesday

Elohi said:
-fingers in ears- too early to tell. Too early to tell. La la la la. Too early to tell.
LOL, sorry, case of the sillies. -le sigh- Beans is probably a dude. But he is so young!!! Lololol.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

:D :D :D Good luck! If you end up with a male and two females, you're set to have a GREAT breeding group!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Elohi said:
mike taylor said:

The top of her carapace is a little bumpy. They other two are smoother and I'm just not sure why. I know in the scheme of things it's minimal but she (or he quite possibly since he seems to have a gigantic tail lol) is a little lumpy. 😕

Elohi🌎(Earth)[TURTLE]

Document all the things s/he does that the others might not do. It could be important. Mine are all kept in the exact same conditions except I can't keep anny ground cover or plants in with the sulcatas and they are pyramiding quite a bit more than the leopards. The only difference is the ground cover and plants I mentioned and the sulcatas bask while the leopards hide under the moss and do not bask.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You need more humidity for the sulcatas to stop the pyramiding . You may need to install a humidifier in your enclosure .

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
They are all in the same enclosure together. They don't bask often, never have but they bask more with the bulb change than they ever did. I used to have a mvb 100w. I switched it for a 65w incandescent flood bulb. I occasionally see each of them bask. They tend to do everything together. They sleep, eat, and bask together the majority of the time. They will often soak one or two at a time, I don't think I've ever seen all three of them soaking at the same time but everything else... Lol
The only thing I can think of is her (his) dark carapace getting warmer and holding heat longer? He is taller and significantly bigger than the other two, pictures don't do the boy justice. His growth has been much more rapid than the other two. He was the smallest upon arrival.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Couple more butt of leopard for you.

IMG_0012.JPGIMG_0013.JPG