Tallula walking off her food????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I fed Tallula as per usual yesterday morning, but she was acting so funny....I kept laughing at her. She ate a few bites, then got out her food dish and walked around her enclosure, then got back into her food dish and ate some more, and repeated this until all her food was gone. I'm not really worried at all, just thought it was weird behaviour. Maybe she was just mad at me as I fed her an hour and a half later than I would have?

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hermy does that when he wants a kind of greens or salad in particular :D He often does that if there is no Radichio on his plate. Was there something Tallula really likes that was not in her plate?

Stazz

5 Year Member
Lol cute Hermy! :p Its the first time Tallula has ever done that, and I watch her eat every single day. She had her normal spring mix and chicory for breakfast, nothing different. I chop and change once a week between endive, escarole, chicory, and then the next week is spring mix with chicory, or chicory and white radish leaves. Always the same. Just thought it was weird hehe

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Now I just remebered, Hermy does that too when he is a bit stressed, per exemple, when I pass the vaccum or when a car make a lot of noise outside...
Was there a different sound when Tallula was eating?

Stazz

5 Year Member
Nope nothing unusual that I noticed - there could have been if I wasn't concentrating, but I don't think so. You can't hear cars or anything from our apartment, it's really quiet. Had no music on (which she actually seems to like!).

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I guess she had a lot of energy :D, or maybe she heard you were going on vacation and was pacing around because she was thinking about a way to get in your luggage without you noticing it :D

Hermy never eats all his food in 1 shot. He eats a little then go bask... he does that from 7Am to maybe 12 or 1PM.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Lol maybe you're right Isa haha, she was looking for a way out to get to our luggage! AWWW thats a cute thought hehe.
Tallula is a piglet, but its good though, as she eats everything in one go, never moving except for 360 degrees in her food dosh so she can get to it all, as she likes to sit ON her food haha.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Trevor likes to eat, bask, eat, bask, etc until it's all gone. Unless it's a small meal, he never finishes it all at once! He also tends to get the greens stuck on his arms and feet and track them all over. It's cute!

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Maybe Tallula was excited about something else? When Penelope gets to go outside, and when it's hot like this morning, she is too active and she'd rather go explore than eat first, but she still can't make up her mind so she'll go back to food dish. It's like watching a kid w/ADHD. She doesn't seem to be conflicted; just taking her time to do whatever. So, today, I made a trail of cuttlebone crushes all around the side of the house (pendng make-over all dirt w/little grass/weeds at this time) so even if she didn't finish her salad dish, she got to wonder around and have some treat, too.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Yeah it is so cute Kate - Tallula even gets pieces of lettuce on her head !! Haha I spend a few minutes once she's finished eating, pulling off pieces of food hehe.

Yeah thats what it seemed like Mado, like she could not make up her mind :p So glad its not abnormal lol. I guess Tallula was just in a different mood that day hehe

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I love when Trevor goes into his water and washes off his own face with his arms. It's adorable!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Awww Kate thats so cute !!! Tallula does that when I soak her, like she's washing her face to say "awww yeah mom, this is it" hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.