Surrey breeders?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepiiii T xx

5 Year Member
Hey so I was wondering if any of you were Surrey tortoise breeder that I could visit to see if a tortoise really is what I want? Also so that you can give me tips of housing an handling!

Please help!!!

image-1980851156.png

stells2

5 Year Member
There are various sites with breeders lists in the UK... shelled warriors has one on the homepage... someone may be nearby on there...

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
stells2 said:
There are various sites with breeders lists in the UK... shelled warriors has one on the homepage... someone may be nearby on there...

Would it not be helpful to post them on here if you know where they are? Seems a bit unhelpful to be directing people off to other sites all the time.

I'm not going to be much use myself, OP, but here are a few collated for you:

Horsfields:
Linday Budgen - [email protected]
Alison - [email protected]

Marginateds:
Chelle Allspach - [email protected]

Hermann's:
There are two being sold on Gumtree right now, alone or as a pair - http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/captive-bread-2011-tortoise-for-sale/90499649

stells2

5 Year Member
Why would it be unhelpful... the sites i talk about are in the UK... the people i post them too are in the UK... i haven't put up links just given some idea's... i can post links too breeders lists if you think that would be more helpful??

But as some of the sites that have breeders lists are not ones i am helping too run... i don't think it is correct too just copy and paste them here... when the owners of those sites have put so much hard work into building them up.

Its called being respectful...

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
In Cheryls defence I don't think she was aiming her comment at you. I think it was just a general comment as we were all having a discussion about getting a breeders list together not to long ago.

Your fully entitled to post links to sites that are useful and it does help the person.
Also I think what Cheryl meant was copy and paste the info to here rather than just naming a site and sending that person off to hunt or post a link to the page.

Cheryl was just making a general comment about it being odd that we would direct our members to other forums when we could build up a list ourselves.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
stells2 said:
Why would it be unhelpful... the sites i talk about are in the UK... the people i post them too are in the UK... i haven't put up links just given some idea's... i can post links too breeders lists if you think that would be more helpful??

But as some of the sites that have breeders lists are not ones i am helping too run... i don't think it is correct too just copy and paste them here... when the owners of those sites have put so much hard work into building them up.

I'm not saying you shouldn't post up links, nor am I saying that you shouldn't mention UK sites, and I'm sorry if either of those were the impression you got.

What I'm saying is that the question is being asked on this site, and in the interests of helping the person asking the question (and future people reading these posts) it would be good to share the same information here rather than redirecting people.

Personally, in order to provide the best help and the best opportunities for tortoise owners and potential tortoise owners, I'd rather see correct and useful information duplicated in as many places as possible.

I joined TFO because I saw it as a valuable resource with the information I needed, and with helpful people who'd provide that information if it wasn't already here - I know I'd just feel a little frustrated with "you can find that information elsewhere" when I'd hope that everyone would be trying to make this site as valuable a resource as possible.

I don't think any of the owners of sites with breeders lists would object to you spreading their valuable information to as many people as possible, and I think the breeders would appreciate their good names and reputations being spread around. There aren't enough breeders in the UK, and I myself couldn't get hold of one in my area - I'd like to see them listed here on this site when people ask so that they don't need to go elsewhere.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
stells2 said:

Being respectful?
Well the way you wrote that paragraph to cheryl didnt' seem respectful! :/ she was stating the obvious.
Bring the breeder here.
As we are trying to put a list together.

(Im not tryna cause an argument or debate!)

stells2

5 Year Member
If a UK breeders list is wanted on this site... then this site has too ask the breeders if they want too be put on it or not... i cannot give out info... on people which would include contact details... as i do not know whether they would want too be involved or not... that is what i meant by being respectful...

Tyler... if someone went around putting your contact details all over the web without asking you first would you appreciate that...

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I think it's important to ask before including anyone on a list and it's rude to post someone's contact information publicly without their permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.