Sulcatas in Nashville

Eburg85

Location (City and/or State)
Pomona, CA
So I may be moving to Nashville from Southern California by the end of the year and want to see if I can get some help on some prep before I go. I have my night box which I would have to add more heat too but ultimately would build a insulated heated shed for them. Let me know what everyone thinks.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm in Chicago with leopards. Yes, a heated shed would be best for those times that the whole day is cold and snowy. This would give him room to move around daily instead of just sitting in a night box for days.
If the threat of snow is fairly rare where you are going then a night box might work. Many still will wander outside even when cold and even snow on the ground and head back into the night box when they get cold.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So I may be moving to Nashville from Southern California by the end of the year and want to see if I can get some help on some prep before I go. I have my night box which I would have to add more heat too but ultimately would build a insulated heated shed for them. Let me know what everyone thinks.
Leave them here. Living cooped up in a little shed for several months of every year is no way to live. Get a smaller species that is better suited to that climate and easier to house indoors in winter.