Sulcata or leopard tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaBanana

5 Year Member
Hello, I am looking to home a sulcata or a leopard tortoise(s). Any size, smaller preferably. If at all possible. I live in NY, so ahipping would probably have to happen. I can travel but within reasonable distance. Anyone looking for a good home. If you want some info:

I have one dog but would be no where near the tort. Half a football field sized yard. Fenced in. I have proper housing for indoor living and a spare tub for future soaking. I have plans for far into the future. Not just for now.

Please message me or anything if you have any. I can take more than one if they are paires.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Hi & welcome. Keep checking CL in your area. There are alway's tortoises in NY & NJ on craigslist.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi AnnaBanana, and welcome to the Forum!

Since the Forum is mainly a conversation forum, you would probably be better served looking for a tortoise on craigslist or one of the reptile classified sites.

We are happy to talk to you about tortoises, though, and give you any help you need with caring for the animal when you get it.

AnnaBanana

5 Year Member
Thank you guys and I apologize if any missplacements with my thread was made. I just figured i'd put it out there that I have a home in case someone needs rehoming. But I did check craigslist and nothing, so far. I shall keep looking! :)

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to the forum. I second the Craigslist idea. You could also look into local rescues and clubs.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Long Island has a rescue, but they want to send them south to warmer weather...
what plans do you have for winter? heated indoors?
they do not hibernate...

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
There is someone trying to find a adult yellow foot a home in are adoption adds. They are some beautiful tortoises and don't get as big as the sulcata or leopards would work perfect in your yard in Summer and inside in winter. Just letting you know good luck and welcome.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

AnnaBanana

5 Year Member
I will check out the Yellow Foot. See if its something.
Thank you :)

And I know a lot about the tortoises. I do appreciate the info though. I have a room set up for torts, of any size. I know it is lesser recommended than the outdoors but it has a great amount of heat and will work wonders, at least for the time winter is here. I would rather that than the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.