Sulcata health problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

turk's_my_#1

5 Year Member
hello, im new to this forum but i just need some help with my baby...Him name is turk and he is a 10.5 lbs sulcata and he is having constipation problems. Its been almost two week since he went. we took him to vet yesterday and they gave him enemma with no results. now i have to wait through weekend to have xray done. im freaking out!!! has anyone ever heard of this of might know what is causeing it? or how to help him?

Neil

5 Year Member
RE: Health problems?

turk said:
hello, im new to this forum but i just need some help with my baby...Him name is turk and he is a 10.5 lbs sulcata and he is having constipation problems. Its been almost two week since he went. we took him to vet yesterday and they gave him enemma with no results. now i have to wait through weekend to have xray done. im freaking out!!! has anyone ever heard of this of might know what is causeing it? or how to help him?

What's his diet ???

turk's_my_#1

5 Year Member
well he used to eat a huge amount of romaine (which i know know collard is better) and hay pellets...since constipation ive givin him some pumpkin and banana

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It might be a blockage. The X-ray will tell you. But in the meantime, you can put him in a tub of warm water. The bath tub works well for this because its big enough the tortoise can walk around. The warm water with walking helps a lot. Aloe helps move things along too.

turk's_my_#1

5 Year Member
k, i dont have a bath tup but my showers pretty big so i will try a stopper in there and let him walk around....i also moved from an arid climate to a humid climate...anything i can do to make it dryer in the house? or more like the habitat he is used to?

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
turk said:
k, i dont have a bath tup but my showers pretty big so i will try a stopper in there and let him walk around....i also moved from an arid climate to a humid climate...anything i can do to make it dryer in the house? or more like the habitat he is used to?

Hi I am just checking to see if i can post as i am having problems. I was trying to post the Bathing tip earlier I know yours is a big Tort and is not as simple as my little Hermann.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
You dont want drier.. warm and wet.. is fine,, not cold and wet..
he needs to be warm to digest his food. where does he live and what are the temps?
If he walks around on the floor or had access to rocks and ate something wrong he could be blocked.
Is he still eating and actining normal?

also.. is it possible he IS going,, but he is eating it? gross i know,, but it happens.. a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.