Stump Sulcata Tortoise spreading seeds @ 2yrs. 1month

ryan57

Location (City and/or State)
PA
New tortoise adventures. Yeah. Today I was cleaning stuff off Kathleen's office floor. Not urine or urates... He went to leave his indoor burrow in the office to go outside, spilled the water dish and ended up doing the moonwalk to the credenza with the hemi-gun blazing... He left a puddle of goo on the floor for the first time today with a quite puzzled look on his face and it was during one of Kathleen's meetings. Hilarious.

He is 29lbs 5oz when he was 26lbs. 2oz exactly 1 month ago, was outside for 3 hours and had a 1.5hr soak tonight. He's almost 17" long. I remember that @Tom said that there is not much information about smaller sulcatas and babies in the wild. Well, if they survive and have access to good food they are possibly breeding at 2 years old and gigantic already. This guy is ridiculous. After grazing for hours this afternoon on what was probably 5 or 6 large, heaping 14" plates of grass outside, he ate two more plates of greens (with red clover from Will) and weeds (dandelion greens) as his "evening snack" before going into his night time burrow - Shaking my head. It has to be flakes of hay as a staple by next year cause this guy eats literally everything. Groceries 2 times a week now in addition to the very large helpings of grass and weeds outside.

This next week it's full on spring and in the 70's so he'll be out all day. When it's in the 60's his carapace is 92-95degrees in the direct sun and in the 70's he's good to a point but at 75degrees in the sun he heads for the shade every time and when measured, his carapace is over 105deg. He doesn't like to be much over 100 when he's already warm from the sun. If he's colder and basking, 105-110 seems comfortable for him in the sun.