Star Indian tortoise walking

Ashi Gupta

Location (City and/or State)
Navi Mumbai
My Indian star tortoise is walking in a different manner. I'm not sure if it's normal or something to be concerned about. I can't attach a video here someone please help me out.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My Indian star tortoise is walking in a different manner. I'm not sure if it's normal or something to be concerned about. I can't attach a video here someone please help me out.
Indian stars are very shy. It looks like it is panicking because it is out in the open, or possibly because it is too hot.

I would soak it immediately and make sure temps are within range. Put your hand on that ground where it was walking. Is it hot?

Ashi Gupta

Navi Mumbai
Indian stars are very shy. It looks like it is panicking because it is out in the open, or possibly because it is too hot.

I would soak it immediately and make sure temps are within range. Put your hand on that ground where it was walking. Is it hot

I would soak it immediately and make sure temps are within range. Put your hand on that ground where it was walking. Is it hot?
Not hot but warm.... It's monsoon season here. In the afternoon I took her outside because the sun was out for some time.... Even when she is home she is doing the same.... I have kept her in sum mud now in her box and she is trying to come out again and again

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not hot but warm.... It's monsoon season here. In the afternoon I took her outside because the sun was out for some time.... Even when she is home she is doing the same.... I have kept her in sum mud now in her box and she is trying to come out again and again
Do you have any bulbs over the tortoise in its enclosure?
What substrate is it on?

Ashi Gupta

Navi Mumbai
Do you have any bulbs over the tortoise in its enclosure?
What substrate is it on?
A UVB light, I keep it on for 14-15 hours in a day. She has a hiding spot which is dark.... She was not staying in a box and I was finding her turned over 3-4 time in a day so I took her out and she was on the floor on a few newspapers... Whenever I took her back to her box, she would try coming out again and again. The box is filled with potting mud (clean mud)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
A UVB light, I keep it on for 14-15 hours in a day. She has a hiding spot which is dark.... She was not staying in a box and I was finding her turned over 3-4 time in a day so I took her out and she was on the floor on a few newspapers... Whenever I took her back to her box, she would try coming out again and again. The box is filled with potting mud (clean mud)
What kind of UVB light? What type of bulb? Is there a heat lamp?

Do you mean potting soil? This is not good tortoise substrate. Take a minute to read the care sheet. Those are the things you need to be doing. Care sheet for stars is at the bottom of this thread:

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi. Please try to follow Tom's expert advice to help your little tortoise. Also it would help us to get more ideas if you would explain exactly how you are keeping the tortoise and what he is eating. That jerky movement could also be neurological damage from something toxic that he may have inhaled or eaten.

Kolar,karnataka,india
Is the tortoise fine now?
Was it walking before normally and from how many days the tortoise is walking like that?
Soak her in water and make sure the water is just under her the nose so she can hydrate