SPECIAL DELIVERY :)

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Theres quite a bit of marbling coming there.
They look good.
Keep the photos coming. :)
I will have to show a before and after pic of Red Dragon. That tort is like a black shelled beetle with a red head and nose but there is certainly marbling coming through. I thought that cherry head was not going to marble but it's coming through :) Phoenix has some fantastic marbling coming along! How are you and your splendid torts doing??

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I'm only telling the truth.:)

By the way, what species are they? :tort:
Two are cherry heads and 2 are Het for Hypos. They are red footed tortoises but different gene lines. The Hets have a lighter color carapace. The cherry heads have the redder faces. I don't know the exact way to explain the difference because I'm sure I'll say it scientifically wrong.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
I
I will have to show a before and after pic of Red Dragon. That tort is like a black shelled beetle with a red head and nose but there is certainly marbling coming through. I thought that cherry head was not going to marble but it's coming through :) Phoenix has some fantastic marbling coming along! How are you and your splendid torts doing??
I just looked back at yours when they were younger. What a change. Your doing well with them. What do you feed for protein?
Mine are all well, George is back on track.
There all inside for winter now:(.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Two are cherry heads and 2 are Het for Hypos. They are red footed tortoises but different gene lines. The Hets have a lighter color carapace. The cherry heads have the redder faces. I don't know the exact way to explain the difference because I'm sure I'll say it scientifically wrong.
Thanks the info.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I

I just looked back at yours when they were younger. What a change. Your doing well with them. What do you feed for protein?
Mine are all well, George is back on track.
There all inside for winter now:(.
I know...the dreaded cold :( I feed primary boiled chicken and mushrooms. They are not fans of boiled eggs. I've been wanting to try tuna but I can't stand the smell!!! I haven't fed mazuri since March of this year. None of my torts wouldn't eat anything but that. So I'll eventually try again but now they are back to eating what's offered usually.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I know...the dreaded cold :( I feed primary boiled chicken and mushrooms. They are not fans of boiled eggs. I've been wanting to try tuna but I can't stand the smell!!! I haven't fed mazuri since March of this year. None of my torts wouldn't eat anything but that. So I'll eventually try again but now they are back to eating what's offered usually.
Try scrambling your eggs instead.
This morning I broke the eggs into a bowl, beat the egg, crushed the shell up really fine then mixed that into the egg, them put some finely chopped kale in, mixed it all up, and nuked it in the microwave. Mixed up again. Let cool and serve. None was left.
I suppose if yours are refusing you could add some mashed up strawberries/plum or other fruit to get them intised.
Egg yolk has D3 in it, so is a good option for protein, especially when indoors.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Try scrambling your eggs instead.
This morning I broke the eggs into a bowl, beat the egg, crushed the shell up really fine then mixed that into the egg, them put some finely chopped kale in, mixed it all up, and nuked it in the microwave. Mixed up again. Let cool and serve. None was left.
I suppose if yours are refusing you could add some mashed up strawberries/plum or other fruit to get them intised.
Egg yolk has D3 in it, so is a good option for protein, especially when indoors.
Thanks!! Sounds like a great idea. I will give that a try :) I'll keep you posted if they like it!