" Soaks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
I know that I read about 2 different types is soaks on here for helping a sick tort who is not eating......but I cannot find them !!!

The one I am oat interested in is a sort of antiseptic soak that can be added directly to a warm "bath" and would be purchased at a feed store and is good dr puffy runny eyes....I think terry O mentioned it.

The second is one that uses either Pedia light or Gatorade to provide nutrients....I even seem to remember something about putting baby food in the "baths". ( which is the best to use)??
Thanks!
I have a boxie with weepy/dischargy eyes who has come off her food. She is new to me and has had a rough life. Warmth, daily soaks and a "private suite" are helping but I am sure there is more I can do!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
The key to the additive in the soaks is to boost eltrolytes. If you use canned carrots,squah or what have you those have the juice in the can that consist of calcium carbonate, salt, and vitamin A, which is a good combination of eltrolytes for the tortoise to soak up or drink and utilize to expedite the infection.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
RE: " Soaks"

Thank you both so much!!

On my way to get some now

Irwin4530

5 Year Member

Can I use this on all species??

And for what symptoms ? Puffy eyes only?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
have not used the powder before. but the only time I have used the medicine is in the eyes of tortoises, dogs, and cats. Should be ok for other eye issues. However if your using it for mammals might want to try a VET first as some medications can cause more problems then do better. Im only familiar with it in tortoises, turtles,canine and feline that were prescribed it.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member

....but for all torts and turtles it is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.