soaking Russian overnight??

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriksmom

5 Year Member
I had a house sitter watching my pets, They forgot to take Zoey out of her water and she was in the water bath overnight. Less than 24 hours but WAY longer than i usually soak her. Do I need to worry? My default is to worry...

I took her out, cranked up the heat in the room she is in, she is hovering over her food dish, she doesn't like to eat when there is an audience :) Anything else i should do?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Keep an eye on her. Other than that it sounds like your doing the right thing, getting her warmed back up.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Wow...now that was a heck of a soak.....oh my .....did you discover your guy was not where he was suppose to be then discovered him? Wow....I bet he was happy to get warmed up :D:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And I'll bet that was some mighty poopy water!! I've gone off and forgotten a tortoise in the soak before. Its quite ok as long as they didn't get too cold.

Katherine

5 Year Member
I once came home after hours of torrential downpours to find an enclosure full of young yearlings flooded. Some were swimming, (yes sulcatas swim :/ ) some were completely underwater, and some had their little noses just above water level, all were very chilly and I would assume very stressed. I cried hysterically while feeling around for them all and warmed them up immediately and every single one was absolutely fine. This leads me to believe an extra long bath is likely no cause for concern- sounds like you already fixed the heat loss problem so I think you're in good shape.

eriksmom

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
And I'll bet that was some mighty poopy water!! I've gone off and forgotten a tortoise in the soak before. Its quite ok as long as they didn't get too cold.

yes there was tons of poop!!

ascott said:
Wow...now that was a heck of a soak.....oh my .....did you discover your guy was not where he was suppose to be then discovered him? Wow....I bet he was happy to get warmed up :D:D

she was in a tub that was sitting in her enclosure. I walked up to my desk to get some supplies and saw the tub sitting in there and let out the biggest gasp and said a few choice words, when i grabbed her out of it she hissed at me (she was NOT happy and is quick to let me know when she isn't happy :) ) I think I have been forgiven she did let me pet her neck, but she is not leaving her "bedroom" where the heat lamp is. I don't blame her!!

Status
Not open for further replies.