Soaking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Does it matter what time of the day it is best to soak RTs? On the weekends I usually do it in the morning but I would like to soak him a couple of times during the week but it would have to be early evening but he is usually already in his hut by the time I get home.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I soak my leopard between 5-6:30p.m. He usually is in his hide, but not really sleeping for the night. If its not too late at night, I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Ohio
wellington said:
I soak my leopard between 5-6:30p.m. He usually is in his hide, but not really sleeping for the night. If its not too late at night, I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

Thanks. I guess I am worried about soaking him in the early evening and than him going straight back to his hut wet and going to sleep for the night.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
If your temps are good then it would not likely cause an ill affect....I personally prefer the earlier part of the day (If possible for you that is :D)

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Ohio
ascott said:
If your temps are good then it would not likely cause an ill affect....I personally prefer the earlier part of the day (If possible for you that is :D)

The basking side is usually 90-95 and the cool side is mid 70's. All lights are off between 8-9 pm but e is usually in bed by 7, 8 the very latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.