(Smiley) My Female might be gravid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
:tort: Smiley is digging her hole and has been in it a while when i picked her up this morning to put her as usual next to the food which is what i usually do to all of my tortoises in the mornings till they get finally the idea or get the point that their to be waiting for me in the mornings for that Breakfast and mot me be searching for them!. "Well i noticed Smiley she has a fat stomach right in the middle a bulge she has not Had Before she use to be flat underneath not any more!!! take a look at the photo's you can see that bulge, "incubator is on stand by right now just in case. "wouldn't that be something!!! well time will tell. I summited some photos of incubator showing the vermiculite inside with some vent holes in top of Lid and the water dish is on the Bottom for humidity is this good set up? :tort: PS: Hatch-lings set up is almost completed their going to be on top of the Adults were the sun will shine in the mornings!

grogansilver

5 Year Member
gopherhockey03 said:
Grogan your the luckiest guy i know!
:tort: gopherhockey03 "Luck" has nothing to do with it! "yes I'm lucky to still have some Pancakes left for what i have been through and done and yes we all make our mistakes, mine was getting rid of my Pancakes not realizing how valuable they were and swapping them away just like that to individual's that made me not see that what i had was so precious and they led me to believe they were nothing!!! in which to gain almost them all! But now i really do regret it!!! not because i traded them away but because it let me see what it was like out there for a tortoise to be what's called on the market as they call it! but let me tell you something!! those mistakes are made and Done!! and I'm now rebuilding my Pancake family again! especially knowing this time now how valuable they are and how i fell about what i have lost on the personal relationship level of my animals point of view, Believe me there wont be a next time of getting rid of them!! I now have 2.2 again and I'm on my way back up to getting what i lost and let me tell you something! that move i made which was a mistake, i do admit! it got to let me see and know who my true friends were out there in the tortoise world as we know and see it! and as far as owning, and the trade business goes its a shame! to see who and what is out there and the way business is Done especially for the tortoises sake!!! and another thing on a personal level, it's always when your 'Down and you make mistakes do the wolf's come out!! so you say lucky? I'm on my way back up to the top and ain't nobody stopping me now!!!! Ive just begun, and to be honest, this is my hobby i treat my animals with love and respect all the way from having them and placing them! and thats on the personal relationship level of my animal's sake! i even mark them with a drop of nail polish to know they were mine at one time! as for some people have come to see that already! i do it to make sure i can see if they do come around again how have they been and done since i had traded them away to who ever that person was! like i said before Reptiles is my life!! its been from the beginning and it will be to the end, thats it! i have nothing more to say!! :tort:

Laura said:
bulge from eggs? is that normal?
:tort: lets hope so Laura the underside is soft on a Pancake they say you can feel the eggs some times if you rub! Laura when a women's pregnant doesn't she Bulge from her stomach protruding out like a basket ball? i think and would say so on that Matter! wouldn't you? :tort:

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
heres my girl the day before the egg came.
bbeb8eab.jpg

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
grogansilver said:
momo said:
heres my girl the day before the egg came.
bbeb8eab.jpg
:tort: "WooooooW"!!!!!!! that's "BIG" :tort:

it was a monster of an egg. the 2nd egg was half the size.
first time she had eggs , she had one , then 2 days later another one. werid how they differ. if she has anymore, i heard the 3rd time is the charm. 'lol'

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
I have had a lot of pancake eggs here, and NONE of my females has ever bulged out.

Status
Not open for further replies.