Skunk shares tortoise hide

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
That’s sweet @KarenSoCal I had 2 raccoons I raised from babies when I was a young teen. Both times eventually had to let them go far away in woods. While they hung around & acted just like a pet , when they didn’t want to move they could get nippy. My folks were afraid of rabies.

I would’ve been very tempted to have that little fella de-scented if it could be done here. He was beautiful & im sure woulda been just like a cat eventually.

Better back in nature for this one. I already have quite the “ zoo” as grandkids call it. Nature is indeed amazing. Never tire of it , or the great variety of animals in our world. Feel so privileged to enjoy the few I have around. Especially my dogs, cats , & tortoises right now. Constant source of entertainment & interest

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Still think it is cute, but then, I am attracted to the unusual animals! I had a raccoon that I raised from a baby, let in back to the wild when it grew up. I made sure she was someplace safe with plenty food and water and where no one would harm her.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
That’s sweet @KarenSoCal I had 2 raccoons I raised from babies when I was a young teen. Both times eventually had to let them go far away in woods. While they hung around & acted just like a pet , when they didn’t want to move they could get nippy. My folks were afraid of rabies.

I would’ve been very tempted to have that little fella de-scented if it could be done here. He was beautiful & im sure woulda been just like a cat eventually.

Better back in nature for this one. I already have quite the “ zoo” as grandkids call it. Nature is indeed amazing. Never tire of it , or the great variety of animals in our world. Feel so privileged to enjoy the few I have around. Especially my dogs, cats , & tortoises right now. Constant source of entertainment & interest
Boo had free run of the house, and slept in bed with me, under the covers.
A few times my mom would leave me a note "can't find your skunk".
So I would begin, yet again, a meticulous search of our 3 level home. She was fairly good at steps, so everywhere was accessible.
Once she was curled up on the floor, under a drawer, behind the kickboard of the kitchen cabinet.
Another time she had made herself a hammock from the burlap that covers the springs of a nice living room chair.
When I'd take her outside, she was adept at finding caterpillars, larvae, and other squishy things with green blood. She'd look at me with a huge mouthful, bodies dangling from both sides of her face, and almost smile.
Wow! I really miss her!