Shedding skin??? Or dry? Is this normal?

Chipchip

Location (City and/or State)
ON
Hi,
My Hermann tortoise is shedding skin on his nose, I’m not sure if this is normal or a seasonal thing, he drinks and eats normal, but for the past few days he has been walking slow except after I bath him for 30 min

Is shedding skin normal? Are they hurting?

I got some photos

Attachments

• IMG_2367.jpeg
    IMG_2367.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2369.jpeg
    IMG_2369.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2368.jpeg
    IMG_2368.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Completely normal. Leave alone. Soaks will help remove but do not be tempted to pull it off. New scales will grow behind and that is shedding.

Chipchip

ON
Completely normal. Leave alone. Soaks will help remove but do not be tempted to pull it off.
Is shedding a bad thing? Did i do something wrong? I should increase soaking times right? Maybe 2 times a day?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Shedding is a part of normal growth. It doesn't hurt unless you try to peel old scales off.
If you soak him for 30 minutes once a day that's enough. You may double check humidity in the enclosure and temperature in the basking zone. But I guess they are fine - his shell looks smooth and skin doesn't look too dry on photos.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Humans shed skin and reptiles shed all completely normal. Soaks are a great way for tortoise scales to drop off but if they do not, leave alone and they will drop away.