RTI!!

WendyJae

Hes eating(like a hog), peeing, pooping and very very active. But runny eyes and nose! We're taking him to a vet hopefully tomorrow, if not then monday. Im so worried! I'm almost positive its a respiratory infection. When he was lost over a month ago a man and his family found and cared for him for a week, but had no heating lights, he was sosososo cold when i got him back. Could that be the cause?? He eats really healthy and spends all day outside then goes to bed around 6 and sleeps like a rock until 10am when he finally gets up and i put him outside. Most things i read said to keep him at high temperatures and dry so im doing that. Hes four years old and weighs about fifteen-twenty pounds. He seems to be going through a HUGE growth spurt right now, if that helps at all.. I hope its not a respitory infection, ive been searching the internet and reading anything i can find and it all seems so scary and really serious. If you have any tips or information to give, please do! Anything i can do to help him out, or things i can trust that a vet would prescribe. YvonneG's list of vets included one in bakersfeild which is quite a drive for us, we live in visalia, i just hope the vet is reliable and knows what they're talking about :(

Attachments

• 1431761384701.jpg
    1431761384701.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 24

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
No matter what the vet says, refuse any vitamin shots. They are often toxic to the tortoise.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
It he has an ri,,then antibiotics should be prescribed. Either shot or nose drops. No vitamin shot though.