Redfoot white lines around shell, wondering if growth or fungal

Yus

Location (City and/or State)
Guelph
So my Redfoot is about 7 months old and has white spots around certain parts of their shell, wondering if it’s any cause for concern. Made a Reddit post and got mixed responses would like to avoid the vet until necessary because of how expensive they are ( obviously would go in a heartbeat if need be for the baby though)EC0C636A-B7BC-4AED-93D2-9E87A1C974AD.jpeg17511D32-A90E-4EDA-A8EF-5CDCD9929CDB.jpeg0A8B8A1E-2A71-4DFB-BE6A-6FC9185C3B13.jpeg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
So my Redfoot is about 7 months old and has white spots around certain parts of their shell, wondering if it’s any cause for concern. Made a Reddit post and got mixed responses would like to avoid the vet until necessary because of how expensive they are ( obviously would go in a heartbeat if need be for the baby though)View attachment 339047View attachment 339048View attachment 339049
That's called Marbling, it is common with the cherry heads. Nothing to worry about.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
That's called Marbling, it is common with the cherry heads. Nothing to worry about.h
I realize I certainly am no expert...and I realize you have answered the OP's question...but that tort looks way too dry and it's starting to pyramid...or that's what I see...

Yus

Guelph
I realize I certainly am no expert...and I realize you have answered the OP's question...but that tort looks way too dry and it's starting to pyramid...or that's what I see...
I don’t think it’s starting to pyramid personally but where do you see it?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You are both correct.
And that pyramiding is caused by a lack of humidity.
Redfoot require humidity of over 70% 24/7.
Simply misting is not adequate

Reactions: Yus

Yus

Guelph
You are both correct.
And that pyramiding is caused by a lack of humidity.
Redfoot require humidity of over 70% 24/7.
Simply misting is not adequate
Do have a humidifier will up the amount thank you