recomended seed mixes

• I have a rescue I saved from my brother him being one of those irresponsible rednecks he had a gopher tortoise that was sick. She has grown a bit but am keeping him safe from raccoon and birds until he gets big enough to survive them. I am wondering what seed mixes would be good to give him since I would like to start growing some of my own weeds/grasses. Right now she is actually losing her baby colors. I'm really looking to moving as we are getting a large yard in a non urban area as the neighbor hood is were my fathers friends lives. As when we do move there this year or the next I would release her in the woods of the property to keep her as the guardian of the yard. keep calm and
love tortoises
th

mr.tismyturtle

I grow a 10 by 10 feet plot of blue lake bush beans and they eat it all. The whole plant is what they eat. Leaves, beans and the roots. The next year after I harvest some of the beans for dinner I turn them into the soil and grow squash and the tortoise love that too. I also bought some dandelion seeds and filled by grass that's their favorite.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
tortoisesupply.com sells quite a few different seed mixes and would be good to grow for your desert tortoise.