Raw skin?

kball

My 4 in baby sulcata tortoise has a place on both of his back legs that is white. It looks like the skin has been stripped off. I think it's because of his Spurs or what ever there called. Is that it. Can I do anything about it like file them done

Peytons torts

My tortoise has a little white spot on her head after an injury a month ago and it's still white I don't know what it is either

kball

I don't know if I have been keeping his cage to wet and made his skin soft or what's wrong. I hope someone will help us both

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It looks like the legs are rubbing on his shell when he walks.

In my opinion, you really shouldn't be keeping the substrate that wet. Just enough water to keep the underneath substrate damp, but the lights dry out the top layer.

kball

It looks like the legs are rubbing on his shell when he walks.

In my opinion, you really shouldn't be keeping the substrate that wet. Just enough water to keep the underneath substrate damp, but the lights dry out the top layer.

Does it hurt him.

Yeh I no but my substrate doesn't doesn't hold moisture very well until it's ready to be changed. So I put ABUNCH of water to make it wet. I dint relies how much u till it was already done. He's in a dryer cage now