Rare African desert tortoise ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
Low maintenance?! Dang what am I doing wrong ... I spend so much time getting their diet right, their pen/hide clean, and getting them bathed and hydrated.
It is funny they only want to sell to someone who" knows how to care " for him when they have no clue themselves! All right Sullies BBQ salmon tonight!!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Ah yes! The dreaded fishing sulcata!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
DeanS said:
Ah yes! The dreaded fishing sulcata!

I hear they're extremely dangerous animals, those Fishing Sulcatas.

One does have to wonder where in the world people come up with this stuff. Low maintenance? $3000?? Fish and bugs??? Hmm...

On a separate note, I now have a serious hankerin' for some salmon, and it's all BodaTort's fault. Mmmm... Salmon...

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Floof said:
I hear they're extremely dangerous animals, those Fishing Sulcatas.

One does have to wonder where in the world people come up with this stuff. Low maintenance? $3000?? Fish and bugs??? Hmm...

On a separate note, I now have a serious hankerin' for some salmon, and it's all BodaTort's fault. Mmmm... Salmon...

Yep...seen 'em take a grown mans leg clean off!

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
I emailed him and asked if he would be willing to send me photos of his exotic African fish-eating desert tortoise.

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Yeah ShellysMom!! We can always count on you to look into trying to improving these poor torts lives. You are awesome!!

And FLOOF I use to live in Alaska so you know I can make an amazing Salmon!! ;-)

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Boda--LOL. I grew up on the coast of Washington. Same rules apply... Meaning, almost everyone in my family can cook a mean fish dish. (Not me--I can't cook!) I have a particularly soft spot for sturgeon and anything salmon. Hmm... I think I owe my grandma (and her mad cooking skills) a visit this week... :p

Shellysmom--Looking forward to seeing what kind of condition it's in! Hopefully if/when you touch on his tragic misinformation, he's actually remotely receptive.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
OMG, I hate being away from here cause I almost miss the stupid damn things people put up for sale, or in this case, the way its all worded, just 100% wrong. I want a fishing sulcata! Bye bye Cooper, I got's me a fish'n sulcata to take fish'n wif me! And I wonder why Cooper is so high maintenance vs's a fish'n tortoise? Guess if its able to fish its able to feed and water its'self too, and clean up after its'self. What a great post this is, thanks for it! Got my giggle on for today! :p

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
FLOOF - I was born and raised in Seattle just recently moved to Texas from Whidbey Island... I am going to miss the fresh Pacific salmon ... I love Pacific Ocean pollution! Makes the salmon so yummy!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
BodaTort1 said:
FLOOF - I was born and raised in Seattle just recently moved to Texas from Whidbey Island... I am going to miss the fresh Pacific salmon ... I love Pacific Ocean pollution! Makes the salmon so yummy!

LOL! I was thinking about that when I posted. If all the hype is true, I'm probably suffering from some level of chronic mercury poisoning. Fairly certain almost every piece of seafood I've eaten in the last decade was caught somewhere off the coast of Washington. Even tuna sandwiches--Gram cans all her tuna at home, and the rest of us get all our tuna from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.