Rapashy Veggie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

keya

5 Year Member
Ones any one have any good or bad info on the superveg from rapashy? I have been using and would like to know other pols thought on it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Sorry, never heard of it.

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Northern California
Repashy is well known by gecko and chameleon keepers that swear by the supplements and meal replacement gels for those respective animals.

I started using the SuperVeggie supplement targeted for tortoises, iguana, uromastyx. Its similar to TNT.

INFORMATION: This product was developed to boost and balance the nutritional value of vegetable diets. When used with every feeding, no additional supplementation is necessary. With omnivores, insects should also be gutloaded with Repashy’s SuperLoad and dusted with Repashy’s Calcium Plus for maximum nutrition. When mixed with greens at 2.5%, approx. nutritional levels are: Calcium 1.25%, Phosphorous .3%, Vitamin E 100 IU/lb, Vitamin D 1,000 IU/lb, Vitamin A 10,000 IU/lb.

INGREDIENTS: Alfalfa Leaf Powder, Pea Protein Isolate, Flax Meal, Brewer’s Yeast, Calcium Carbonate, Dandelion Powder, Opuntia Powder, Fig Powder, Dried Kelp, RoseHips, Calendula Flower, Marigold Flower Extract, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Spirulina Algae, Turmeric, Salt, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Gluconate, Canthaxanthin, Calcium Propionate and Potassium Sorbate (as mold inhibitors), Natural Flavouring, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein min. 12%, Crude Fat min. 2 %, Crude Fat max. 5%, Crude Fiber max. 8%, Moisture max. 8%, Ash max. 8%, Calcium min. 5%, Calcium max. 5.5%, Phosphorus min. 0.6%, Vitamin E min. 1,000 IU/lb, Vitamin D min. 10,000 IU/lb, Vitamin A min. 100,000 IU/lb. Total Carotenoids min. 500 mg/Kg

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I quite like it. I got it to use with my adult beardies, and ended up using it mainly with the torts (cut back to one beardie... the one, naturally, who doesn't touch his greens unless he's starving..). It has a pleasant, fruity smell to it, which helped a lot with my dragons--they won't touch salads with regular calcium/vitamin supplements on them, I guess they hate the taste/smell, but have no problem with the Superveggie. As well, it's an all-in-one designed for daily use, so you don't have to juggle a couple different supplements, figuring out what to use, how often, what days, etc, and it's virtually possible to overdose.

I'm quite happy with the SuperVeggie product, and plan to try their Calcium Plus (another all-in-one daily supplement, formulated for insectivores) for my beardie.

Plus, like Neltharion already said, Repashy is a highly reputed company. They're already very well known for their meal replacement powders manufactured for frugivorous/omnivorous geckos: fantastic, well-formulated complete diet powders that gecko keepers and breeders swear by. Based on their prior success and quality, it's a pretty safe bet that a good amount of thought and effort would have gone into the formulation of their supplements (i.e. the Superveggie).

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Hey man I feed geckos with that and it is recommended for gecko owners never tried on the turtle clan of mine

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Turtle Guru said:
Hey man I feed geckos with that and it is recommended for gecko owners, so I suggest getting something else because of different vitamins and so fourth

Pretty sure you're thinking of Repashy's Meal Replacement Powders. This is a completely different product, geared toward use with herbivorous reptiles ranging from Iguanas to tortoises, as an alternative to traditional calcium and vitamin powders. Definitely NOT the same as Repashy's Crested Gecko Diet and other MRPs.

Repashy is best known for its meal replacement formulas geared toward geckos, there's no arguing that. But they've started branching out and producing supplements for other species of reptile. This is one of those. They also have calcium and vitamin supplements, a pigment enhancing diet additive, all-in-one supplements, insect gutloads, and more, all in addition to the MRPs they're known for.

That's what I get for taking almost 20 minutes to post. Didn't see your edit. :p Oh well, still applies...

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Yea lol I had to change and tick a little sorry about that I word it correctly lol but I know thank though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.