Radiated Hatchlings in California

akturts

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hey all, looking to get a radiated hatchling in California. Doesn't have to be immediate or soon, just wanna be aware of breeders I can consider reaching out to or where I should be looking, thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We have this section on our Forum: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/radiata-keepers-by-state.173114/

I don't know if they breed them or just keep them, but maybe it might help you.

I hatched two radiata a couple months ago. They will be going to SoCal in a week or so for my tortoise partner to deal with. I don't know what his plans for them are, but you can contact Will at @Kapidolo Farms and ask him.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey all, looking to get a radiated hatchling in California. Doesn't have to be immediate or soon, just wanna be aware of breeders I can consider reaching out to or where I should be looking, thanks!
I should be getting babies this year, fingers crossed. I have older mature females, but my lone male is still on the small side. Got 2 eggs last year that didn't turn out, so hoping this will be the big year!

@Rodriguez Chelonians is might have some. Give them a try when you are ready.

akturts

California
I should be getting babies this year, fingers crossed. I have older mature females, but my lone male is still on the small side. Got 2 eggs last year that didn't turn out, so hoping this will be the big year!

@Rodriguez Chelonians is might have some. Give them a try when you are ready.
That's awesome! If you do get eggs this year when would you anticipate them hatching/being ready?

akturts

California

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's awesome! If you do get eggs this year when would you anticipate them hatching/being ready?
Radiata typically lay in our "winter", and then they need a one month diapause break before about 90-100 days of incubation. So babies would probably be ready for sale around spring time.

akturts

California
Radiata typically lay in our "winter", and then they need a one month diapause break before about 90-100 days of incubation. So babies would probably be ready for sale around spring time.
Love that about our winter haha. Gotcha I will be patiently waiting for spring :)