Questions from a new salcata owner. (Growing food)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Bodfish
Hi it's Brooke again, Ok so I just got my baby boy who is a tiny little sulcata (small golfball), for now,;) well the big problem I am having is that my yard is not ready for him at all.. It's not an issue now (lives inside) but in a few months it will be... Before we got our little guy we (mother inlaw) sprayed weed killer and other bad stuff on our yard. ALL grass/weeds/plants gone. I know BAD! So now he is in a outside pen that isn't on the 'bad' ground or any ground... it's a tub with grass I planted. I have started to build a outside area, I dug 2 feet down and soaked it with water for 2 days... I then put new soil in half and sand/soil in the other half:D but now I have to plant things he will not only like but is good for him. I need help on what plants I can get. I am putting grass in and Dandelion seeds in but what else... Only half will be planted the other I am going to do other stuff to but for now what can I plant.. I will also put these plants in pots for his inside home:) PLEASE Help for my little Frank the Tank!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Red and white clover...plantain...hibiscus bush..grape vine....that is what came to mind right now....:D

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
i pplanted a seed mix from our local nursery. its a pasture grass seed with clover. you can also do lettuce seed, pansies....cactus, squash,

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Can I be a really mean person and bring up a negative thought? While you dug out the hole and put in clean (no chemical) soil and sand, keep in mind that when it rains or you water the rest of the lawn, what is on it can still transfer or leach back into your new spot. :(

You might also think about adding some of those cheap 10-20 cent seed packets of greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.