QUESTIONS ABOUT INCUBATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
Hi:

One of my female Russians laid 3 eggs yesterday. I have the incubator set up. I have two questions:

1. Where in the incubator should I put my temperature probe?

2. Is is best to have the lid on the Rubbermaid container with holes drilled in the sides of the container or no lid with a moist paper towel on top of the eggs?

I would like your opinion please.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Carol :D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
As long as the incubator probe is I. The incubator itself should be just fine. Obviously if your using a hovabator or ceramic coil heating type I would keep it somewhat away from
The heat source so you can get an accurate reading. A lot of times incubators can have a hot and low side. I always have Lids on my tubs with holes drilled in them. Paper towels can clinge dust and microbes.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Can't answer your second question, but as far as thermometer probe placement, you want it at egg level. Best place for your thermometer probe is going to be in the egg box, right next to the eggs. You want to know the temperature where the eggs are, not outside the egg box and/or at the bottom/top of the incubator, where temps can be several degrees different from the actual temp of the eggs.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.