question about white stuff in urine

puffy137

Slightly off topic , but does the high amount of white stuff in the urine , equate with the higher rate of kidney stones & other unwanted occurrences? Just wondering!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Yeah, a tortoise produces urine, like us, that is the waste water that has been filtered from the blood and then passed through the bladder. This should be clear. it will always also contain at least a small amount of dissolved urates.
Also tortoises produce urates which are indeed the end product of protein digestion, as tortoises obtain their protein in a different way to us.This is carried out in the kidneys. Usually a tortoise will excrete either urine on its own, or a mix of urine and urates which should be kind of creamy. if it's gritty, then the tortoise is dehydrated and the urates are forming crystals as they solidify due to lack of water. If there is not enough water available, the tortoise will retain what it has in its bladder allowing a build up of urates in the kidneys. This can cause kidney stones.
Sometimes urates, poop and urine all come out together in a stinky mass.
I think this is right, it's what I have in my notes from what I've been learning, but someone may have more up to date info.