Pyramiding ??

de0908

Hi guys, just wanted to get opinions on this one. Does it look like Timmy has pyramided a bit and if so, does it look like the newer growth has flattened out ? I know that before I got him he was kept dry, in a viv, with another baby sully, a baby leopard, a 3 year old sully and 2 baby Hermann's. Given what I've learnt from this site so far, I would expect some pyramiding to have happened but as I am now following @Tom's advice about humidity, soaking etc, I'm hoping that I've halted it and that it is now flattening out ??
Any thoughts ??
Thanks20160825_173210.jpg 20160825_173223.jpg 20160825_173239.jpg 20160825_173247.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Mild pyramiding, but I wouldn't worry about it if living conditions are good for this tortoise now.

It can take months to see results, so I can't say if there is improvement yet or not. If you are keeping him humid and hydrated, things will improve in time.

How long has the tortoise been in the right conditions?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi guys, just wanted to get opinions on this one. Does it look like Timmy has pyramided a bit and if so, does it look like the newer growth has flattened out ? I know that before I got him he was kept dry, in a viv, with another baby sully, a baby leopard, a 3 year old sully and 2 baby Hermann's. Given what I've learnt from this site so far, I would expect some pyramiding to have happened but as I am now following @Tom's advice about humidity, soaking etc, I'm hoping that I've halted it and that it is now flattening out ??
Any thoughts ??
ThanksView attachment 184708 View attachment 184709 View attachment 184710 View attachment 184711

I think it's nothing to worry about. Believe me, hadn't you mentioned "PYRAMIDING" I would NOT have noticed any of it. Just give your tort a daily soak in warm water and make sure there's enough humidity.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I think he looks pretty good , keep up on your soaking and humid environment and it should level off quite a bit !

de0908

Mild pyramiding, but I wouldn't worry about it if living conditions are good for this tortoise now.

It can take months to see results, so I can't say if there is improvement yet or not. If you are keeping him humid and hydrated, things will improve in time.

How long has the tortoise been in the right conditions?
Thanks Tom. He's been in a closed chamber for about 4-5 weeks now.