ProRep tortoise food

EvaRose

5 Year Member
Hi everyone! :)

I have two Greek spur-thighed tortoises - Botsworth and Hoardsley (who are absolutely lovely). They are almost 18months old and until now I have always fed them fresh greens from the garden/local area.

Sadly the cold weather in the UK at the moment is making it hard to find nice weeds for them to eat. I have read that it's best to avoid any sort of tortoise mix food. But I am just wondering - is it okay to feed them ProRep tortoise food every other day? It claims to be a good nutritious source of food - low in protein, added Calcium and D3, high fibre, low grain content. But I don't want to put their health at risk!

Thanks very much in advance for any help :)
Evie, Botsworth and Hoardsley :)

EvaRose

5 Year Member
Also - I keep seeing this plant growing near to dandelions... Is it okay to give it to my tortoises to eat?

Thank you :)

ImageUploadedByTortForum1417025222.409085.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1417025236.027789.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Although this plant looks like watercress, i'd venture to say that it probably is not. Watercress is found in aquatic, or semi-aquatic areas, not growing side by side with dandelion. That said, just not sure what your plant is. Maybe some pix of it growing in the wild would help.