pretty amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthyman71

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbus, Ohio
hi all! so this is really kind of scary, kind of cool and a testament to the power of nature.

i have a small herd of baby 3 toeds right now and about 3 weeks ago one went missing. these little guys are so tiny that there was almost no way one could have gotten out of their pen.

i searched the turtle room with zero success and couldn't find the lil guy. sad day!

went to clean out the baby pen today and 3 more were missing. i panicked and went about a search of their room again. i found the three PLUS the one who was missing from 3 weeks ago. (I think he teleported somewhere between then and now lol.)

incredibly, the lil guy who disappeared weeks ago was alive. it's been super hot here and i don't have ac in my house. he must have been going from space to space that had some sort of moisture to make it this long. (i've heard the sad sad stories of dehydrated, dead baby boxies :( )

time to get a new baby pen that they can't escape from - they grow up so fast!! lolol :)

just some good news for the day :)

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Good news indeed! So glad the babies are doing good and not hurt by their spirit of adventure!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Glad to hear you have them all again :) do you know how they got out ? coulkd you post some pic's of their room ?

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
Glad to hear you got your babies back. My daughter's mud turtle escaped from his tank when he was a month old. The tank was a ten gallon with a screen, UVB lamp and heat lamp on top. He was gone for a week. I thought he was dead then my brother found him in the washing machine. He had gone through a full cycle with soap. He is now a year old. His tank has snake locks on it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.