Predator proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptilesRevealed

5 Year Member
Can an Adult RF ever be predator proof?

Again i live in FL and I know I have racoons around, I see them all the time. My outside pen is enclosed in my porch so I dont have to worry about predators, BUT I am planning on moving to a house with a nice large yard. Would i have to cover the eintire pen or lock him in a house at night?

Thanks

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
ReptilesRevealed said:
Can an Adult RF ever be predator proof?

Again i live in FL and I know I have racoons around, I see them all the time. My outside pen is enclosed in my porch so I dont have to worry about predators, BUT I am planning on moving to a house with a nice large yard. Would i have to cover the eintire pen or lock him in a house at night?

Thanks

My redfoots have my whole backyard to roam around. I have cinder blocks that line the fences and places I want them to stay out of. I put mine in a good size heated enclosure at night so they dont get bit or eaten by anything

jmaneyapanda

5 Year Member
Having worked with wildlife my entire career, I must emphatically say NO. Wild animals are crafty and cunning animals, if put in a corner. A hungry predator can do things you wouldn't imagine. The only way to eliminate threats of predators is to absolutely exclude them. JMO.

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Northwest FL
Since it is an adult you probably only need to put him in a secure hut at night; since racoons are primarily nocturnal you shouldn't see any problem from them during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.