• image-2366861385.png
    image-2366861385.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 52

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
Otishermansmummy said:
Thankyou ....poor Otis may have to have a name change ;-)

Or let her stay "Otis", risking the developement of Identity and Gender Crisis issues, which might well lead to weekly sessions on the couch of a tortoises-savvy veterinary psycho-therapist, @ upwards of 90 pounds sterling/hour...now, do we REALLY want that? ;)

"Artemis" has a nice ring to it. :cool:

Otishermansmummy

5 Year Member
England
Lol....i don't think 'Otisa' is up to therapy as yet....she's just coming to terms with her sex change & doesn't want to talk about it ;-)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Otishermansmummy said:
Lol....i don't think 'Otisa' is up to therapy as yet....she's just coming to terms with her sex change & doesn't want to talk about it ;-)

Well, keep an eye on the situation...if she starts dressing skankily and hanging out with older male tortoises who smoke, drink and ride big motorcycles, it's really a cry for help!

images

Otishermansmummy

5 Year Member
England
Terry Allan Hall said:
Well, keep an eye on the situation...if she starts dressing skankily and hanging out with older male tortoises who smoke, drink and ride big motorcycles, it's really a cry for help!

Thanks for your advice.....will keep a very close eye on her ;-)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Ha ha haaaa! You could certainly leave her name Otis. Here in the Deep South of the US, there was an old tradition of giving girls boys names: I've know a Gregory, a Woody and a Christopher who were all very lovely, feminine women. There's also an old Southern tradition of giving girls hyphenated girl-boy names, hence Tommy-Gail, Bobbie-Jo etc. Although these traditions still persist, they tend to be a little more rural than urban traditions. You may not want your tort to be called a red-neck! :)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Moozilion said:
Ha ha haaaa! You could certainly leave her name Otis. Here in the Deep South of the US, there was an old tradition of giving girls boys names: I've know a Gregory, a Woody and a Christopher who were all very lovely, feminine women. There's also an old Southern tradition of giving girls hyphenated girl-boy names, hence Tommy-Gail, Bobbie-Jo etc. Although these traditions still persist, they tend to be a little more rural than urban traditions. You may not want your tort to be called a red-neck! :)

And just whutz wrong with being a red-neck? :p

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
What's wrong with being a red-neck??? Uh- darn: where is Jeff Foxworthy when i need him!!!

My husband suggested you change her name from Otis to Lotus- Sounds very similar but is very feminine and pretty!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Moozilion said:
What's wrong with being a red-neck??? Uh- darn: where is Jeff Foxworthy when i need him!!!

“You might be a redneck if…the blue book value of your truck goes up and down depending on how much gas it has in it.”

“If your idea of a 7 course meal is a bucket of KFC and a sixpack, you might be a redneck”

:cool:

Otishermansmummy

5 Year Member
England
Moozilion said:

My husband suggested you change her name from Otis to Lotus- Sounds very similar but is very feminine and pretty!

I quite like the name lotus - will run it by her later....thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.