playing favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

preart

5 Year Member
I've had Reggie since he was 2 weeks old, and he's almost a year now. I've handled him a fair amount, and he still sucks inside his shell but comes out after maybe 5-10 seconds on my hand. When my father picked him up, though, he promptly peed all over his hand and refused to come out when he was in the room. Reggie doesn't mind my friends (he'll come out after a few minutes on their hands), but I find it funny that he definitely plays favorites (which makes sense, considering I'm the main person he's known).

Do your guys' tortoises have any preferences?

hlester22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
I don't know about playing favorites but when I first got Morla she refused to eat unless she was sitting on the couch next to my husband.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Our tortoises definitely recognize me and my wife over anyone else. They know to run away when my daughter is outside, but if it's just me or my wife, they'll all follow us around like puppies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mine definitely react differently to me than they do other people.

Katherine

5 Year Member
I have a few that hate children. They tuck in and won't come out if anything under 4 feet is in their enclosures. The opposite of playing favorites perhaps?

chalupacabra

5 Year Member
Katherine said:
I have a few that hate children. They tuck in and won't come out if anything under 4 feet is in their enclosures. The opposite of playing favorites perhaps?

that's cool. i do the same thing, lol.

:D

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
WalkingRock is a Ham! he'll let anyone come up to him and pet him, but he comes ONLY when Cathie calls him! (She's his favorite!)

Eros and Gaia on the other hand know me and everyone else is a hungry predator!

Status
Not open for further replies.