Pictures of Norbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachmn

5 Year Member
Some pictures of questionable quality.
This one is his soaking pool...he flipped himself trying to get out the other day so I decided to take the 'ole hot-glue gun, some pebbles and some rocks and put some traction in it.IMG00193-20100123-1506.jpg
I also covered one side of his enclosure so it would stay a bit shadier for him and I put a new hide in there with a smaller opening to hopefully keep the humidity up a little bit.
IMG00189-20100123-1505.jpg
As you can kind of see, in this one there is a slot at the top of the enclosure, this may help with circulation.
IMG00192-20100123-1506.jpg
Here is a bit of a close-up.
IMG00180-20100123-1445.jpg
And here, I'm holding him.
IMG00183-20100123-1449.jpg
I'll try to put the video in another post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Very nice tort table. And the tortoise looks nice and smooth.

sachmn

5 Year Member
Thanks, hopefully I can improve upon the enclosure and keep him nice and smooth.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
He has lovely facial coloring! He looks like he's ready to jump ship in that last picture, has better things to do, I'm sure...:cool:

sachmn

5 Year Member
Yea, it does look a bit like he's trying to take a dive, he was actually rather calm believe it or not.
I couldn't get the video to post, which is unfortunate because I was hoping to get confirmation on the behavior.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Looking good so far. I used to have rocks in my "watering hole" too, but every time my girl pooped in it I'd have to wash them all and I got so tired of it... just a warning you may want to just go with no rocks, I don't think the he will mind. :)

sachmn

5 Year Member
DoctorCosmonaut said:
Looking good so far. I used to have rocks in my "watering hole" too, but every time my girl pooped in it I'd have to wash them all and I got so tired of it... just a warning you may want to just go with no rocks, I don't think the he will mind. :)

I ended up taking the rocks out the next day after thining about that. The lip on the dish is a bit steep, which caused him to flip over and it got me worried about him drowning but we haven't had any more trouble with that that I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.