pics of my 3 toed boxie, Peanut

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
I just wanted to show some pics of my 3 toed, Peanut. S/he is so outgoing and friendly. Such a bold one. I really enjoy him/her.
100_6113.jpg

100_6119.jpg

100_6115.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Peanut has a very interesting shell pattern. Almost looks like a Hermann's tortoise.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
emysemys said:
Peanut has a very interesting shell pattern. Almost looks like a Hermann's tortoise.
That is also what I have thought when I see pics of Hermanns. I have not seen another three toed with a shell like his.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Thank you. :)

Though the name probably isn't going to suit him/her after all. I adopted him when he was 7 months old. He was shipped to me, and when I unpackaged him he looked so tiny to me. He was just under 2 inches SCL and just looked so small so my first thought was Peanut. Well, he is now only 15 months old. And his SCL is 4 inches. I weighed him 2 days ago and he was 184 grams. For a box turtle that is only 15 months old, that is no peanut!!!....lol

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
That is one of the most beautiful Three Toed's I've ever seen. Perfect growth too. Keep posting updates. I would love to see how he's growing.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Am I missing something? that looks like a hermanns and not a 3 toe to me.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Nice looking three toed. I use to have a few babies that almost looked like wood carving. They are very fun turtles

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Thanks everyone. Peanut's parents were three toeds that were very large for the subspecies. Mom was 7 inches SCL and dad was smaller at 5.5 inches SCL. They were originally from an area where three toeds range and the gulf coast boxie range overlap. So it is suspected that there might be some gulf coast way back in the lineage somwhere. Mom and dad both had three toes on the back feet and looked like three toed boxies, they were just larger and darker in color than most three toed boxies.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Really unique pattern. It would be interesting to see how it progresses as Peanut matures.

Status
Not open for further replies.