Paste in reptibark ?

Jude curran

Location (City and/or State)
Glasgow
Today i was spot cleaning and i happend to put my hand jn the reptibark substrate and it was soaking wet. I moved the top layer and then i saw a lot of white paste. I know they creat a white paste but i gave hime a bath last night and the wet are was very large . He is showing all the signs of a healthy tortoise. Sadly i removed all the sunstrate before thinking of taking a photo to put on here

Any help is much appreciated

jsheffield - In Memoriam

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Today i was spot cleaning and i happend to put my hand jn the reptibark substrate and it was soaking wet. I moved the top layer and then i saw a lot of white paste. I know they creat a white paste but i gave hime a bath last night and the wet are was very large . He is showing all the signs of a healthy tortoise. Sadly i removed all the sunstrate before thinking of taking a photo to put on here

Any help is much appreciated
Since you gave him a good soaking and he replenished his water supply, he then dumped out all the old water and waste that he was hanging on to. Totally normal.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks for the article/reading.

Question: I've been living with my redfoot Darwin for six months more, and while he poops everyday, normally while soaking ... it's always greenish poop, never whitish urates.

Is it unusual not to see urates when keeping a tortoise?

Jamie
When they are soaked daily and staying well hydrated, there is no need to concentrate the urine into urates. The ability to concentrate their urine is a water saving technique for dry times. No need to use it if times aren't dry.