Pancake tortoise night temps

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
I will chime in!!
I keep my adult group in a closed chamber and I do have a CHE on a thermostat set at 80. There are areas of the 6x3 enclosure that drop to mid 70s but no lower. The humidity stays around 60 to 70% except in the basking area. Mine prefer to stay on the more humid side most of the time. I'm guessing they are pretty happy with the setup. I have a group of 1.4 and have gotten 13 eggs in the last year! So far 4 have already hatched.
Hope this helps! :D
Congratulations on the eggs. And thank you for responding. It sounds like I'm on the right track. This enclosure is 2 x 4 closed chamber and has two tortoises in it. Thanks again.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
We have been keeping and producing pancakes for years. Ours get down to 68-70 at night during the winter months. They tolerate it just fine.

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
We have been keeping and producing pancakes for years. Ours get down to 68-70 at night during the winter months. They tolerate it just fine.
I heard that they can tolerate it down into the 60s. Do you think I really need the CH E at 80 then? Maybe I should set it at 70 to be safe for the winter months.