pancake egg almost 7 wks. old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
hi, was wondering if my pancake egg was going to explode , would it have happened by now? its almost 7 weeks old now. thanks lindy:tort:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I am not an expert but some eggs implode/explode even later, how does it look? I am hoping you get a baby this year.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
dmmj said:
I am not an expert but some eggs implode/explode even later, how does it look? I am hoping you get a baby this year.

the egg looks ok, but scare to handle it. just thought maybe it was past blowing up. dont see veins ,it just looks like a reg. egg. it would be some thing to have my very first egg hatch.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They usually don't explode until later in the incubation period...after something has died and the gasses build up inside the shell.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
I have one that has been in the incubator since October. I have others that have been in since December. They don't explode easily. One thing with Pancakes, it will try your patience. Again, I have hatched several around the 180 day mark!! Seven weeks is nothing for a Pancake egg. :)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Pancake eggs diapause at the beginning of incubation and can take anywhere from a month to 3 months to start developing. Most take around 2 months to start developing. My eggs usually start developing between 8 and 9 weeks. Be handy if you got yourself a small flashlight, so you can candle the egg without picking it up. Than you can tell whats going on inside. :D

Danny

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
egyptiandan said:
Pancake eggs diapause at the beginning of incubation and can take anywhere from a month to 3 months to start developing. Most take around 2 months to start developing. My eggs usually start developing between 8 and 9 weeks. Be handy if you got yourself a small flashlight, so you can candle the egg without picking it up. Than you can tell whats going on inside. :D

Danny

thank you very much. lindy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.