Opinions on Franks' sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
We've had Frank for little over a year now. He's gained about 6lbs and doubled in length, but I also think his sex is not what I thought ( I was going with what the previous owner said). Here are some pics, let me know what you think please:)

image-3358576009.png

He's 9" long

image-1242752818.png

Coming to get some food. He always know when I'm preparing his food and starts getting ready to head over to get some. He's quite the eater, even this winter. Last year he are very little and stayed in his hide a lot I figure it's because he was getting used to his new (way better!) environment and is much healthier now. I love him so much!

image-186718343.png

Having some grass and cactus leaf. Having him eat the dry, winter grass is going to help ease the transfer of getting him eating dry hay which, I believe is what I've learned on the forum is what needs to make up a good part of their diet. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• image-3622055086.png
    image-3622055086.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 43

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Looking female, but some are just late bloomers. All the new growth is looking very good.

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
Do you have umbrella plants in his enclosure?? Are those safe for a russian tort too?? does Frank er maybe Francine eat those??

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
Eloise's mommy said:
Do you have umbrella plants in his enclosure?? Are those safe for a russian tort too?? does Frank er maybe Francine eat those??

I must admit that I don't know what those plants are called. He doesn't eat them. I have those and also these small plants that like bright light that I find at Home Depot called angel plants. They come in all different varieties so you have to pick which ones like bright light and they're under $3. He's never taken a bite of one more than a couple times so I guess he doesn't like them and that's good. I bought one type of angel plant one time and he did eat all of it though!

Tom said:
Looking female, but some are just late bloomers. All the new growth is looking very good.

Thanks Tom! We owe it all to you and the other forum members. I'm so glad I found this site first and didn't have to try to pick what was correct with all the conflicting advice on other Sulcata site. A real lifesaver!!

Status
Not open for further replies.