Location (City and/or State)
Sierra Vista, AZ
I am so excited to announce I am the proud mommy of this little dude:

IMG_0981_zps0e530909.jpg

IMG_0978_zps490c17a5.jpg

IMG_0977_zpse69f90e6.jpg

3d78bcb7-4674-4980-8284-9fccab06b1d5_zpsaf000279.jpg

IMG_0976_zpsd0e6b43f.jpg

I should be receiving this little bundle of awesomeness on Tuesday!! Still deciding on a name and am open to suggestions... So far I have come up with Romeo, Eros or Adonis. Something related to his stunning colors or the heart shape on his scute. Any ideas?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
No matter which name you pick, this is a beautiful little guy. Look the color........So beautiful! ! !

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
OMG, RedFootMom. FedEx is kill-ing me. No scan updates since 10pm last night in Memphis, TN. Seriously!?! He is suppose to be delivered in 2 hours and they don't even show him passing the AZ state lines.. ARGH!

RedFootMom

5 Year Member
Oh no!
I've purchased tortoises twice so far that were shipped Fedex. The first time it was perfect and the updates were very timely.
The second time (one week ago today) the updates were SLOW. I kept checking constantly and honestly within a single minute the update appeared that the package had arrived in my city, another saying out for delivery, and the driver was pulling into my driveway.
Sometimes there's just an update delay.
Have you called them?

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
He made it!!

He is so freaking tiny.. I thought Flash's old enclosure would be too small... nope!

I have to run to Home Depot to get some plants, pots and better water dish for him.. Already have some seeds soaking and they should be ready for planting in a couple days.

I am so in love!!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Csquared87

5 Year Member
USA
Awesome colors!! I saw this little one on Fauna last weekend. I got a hatchling from him this week too and got my mom 2 hatchlings. Great babies!