Noticeable growth in RT

AnimalLady

Hello,

How long do you think it might take me to see any kind of noticeable growth in MacGyver? Right now he's eating Spring Mix, I offer cactus and hibiscus but theyre still a no go with him. I have also planted the Tesudo mix and dandelions. I tried looking for safe weeds around but I guess i suck terribly at that and havent been able to find any safe ones. Do you think I should offer Mazuri feed to him? I think thats what he was eating in the pet shop. Just curious to know if there is something to go by to gauge his growth rate? His shell is like 5.5 - 6" right now.

TIA

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Weigh him weekly is the best way to monitor growth. The weight will fluctuate some. As long as the trend is up, he is good.

AnimalLady

ok, my next question might be stupid.

You know how on large old trees you can tell how old they are by the rings that are visible on their bark? Can I figure out his age by the growth rings on his shell?

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
ok, my next question might be stupid.

You know how on large old trees you can tell how old they are by the rings that are visible on their bark? Can I figure out his age by the growth rings on his shell?
Nope. Doesn't work the same. Wish it did.