Status
Not open for further replies.

ninu

5 Year Member
Hello!

Yesterday we got our new baby western hermann :)
We haven't seen him eat yet. Food is available and we give him warm baths. Last night he burrowed on the coco coir (substrate i used) and stayed there until he woke up this morning. This afternoon when I got home I saw him basking under the sun.

Its my first time to have a tortoise. But I had lots of pets before we migrated here to US. I had dogs, cats, fish, finches, chickens, guinea pigs, hamsters and red eared sliders. Now I only have this western hermann tortoise. Oh he'll going to be well cared for and really really loved! We still have not decided what name to give him.

By the way, we got our nice baby western hermann from Bill Curtis. highly recommended!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Give the tort some time to get adjusted. Sometimes it takes a little while for them to eat. When you feed him, give the food and walk away. Some won't eat, at least right away if your standing there watching.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi ninu, and welcome to the Forum!

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
Hi Ninu and Welcome to the Forum :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hello and welcome Ninu. Please read the thread below my name written by Tom, an experienced tort owner. Thanks.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I remember when my little Hermann's was that small. They just grow up so fast :')

In all actuality I don't really notice that he's any bigger until I look at baby pictures or see someone post a baby picture on here. He grew so slow that I didn't notice!

Good luck with your baby! They are so much fun but SOO stressful (like a human infant!)

Status
Not open for further replies.