New Western Hermann baby~* Amore

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
My hubby for Valentines Day bought me a Western Hermann from a Hermann breeder on this forum. I am so excited she will be here tomorrow. She is a mainland Italian that was temp. sexed so should be a female. When the breeder sent pictures of the babies to choose from I fell in love with her. She has a heart shape on her front scute & with her bow shaped scutes over her head she looks so girly lol. I have attached a picture. Since she is Italian & she is a Valentine gift I thought Amore would be a perfect name for her. I am so excited! I can't wait until tomorrow.

Attachments

• tortalinni.JPG
    tortalinni.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 189

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
Thank you! I have bad news it turns out the one with the heart is sick so he is sending me the last one left. He is giving me a discount on this one. So tomorrow I will meet my surprise :) She is also a temp. female from the same clutch. I think I will still her name Amore. I purchased her from Bill Curtis. His website is http://www.hermanni.orbs.com/ I can't wait for tomorrow.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I think I like your husband;) Your one lucky lady!

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
lol he is good to me but doesn't understand why I am so crazy about tortoises so I am glad to be here :D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I hear ya! I'm trying to work a "deal" so I can get more!

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
amoresoak.JPGamore.JPGamore3.JPGShe is here :D I just love her. Bill was great through it all. She was supposed to be delivered at 10:30am but was not until around 3 or so.Storms slowed down everything at Fedex . I gave her a nice warm soak & she had a bm. She is now basking in her new home. She is 35g & 2 inches. I am so happy she is finally here & safe. It was a long wait today but I got my taxes done to pass the time. Here are some pics. Meet Amore the 2nd lol

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
MasterOogway said:
Thank you! I have bad news it turns out the one with the heart is sick so he is sending me the last one left. He is giving me a discount on this one. So tomorrow I will meet my surprise :) She is also a temp. female from the same clutch. I think I will still her name Amore. I purchased her from Bill Curtis. His website is http://www.hermanni.orbs.com/ I can't wait for tomorrow.

After I read this I realized my poor choice of words so I want to clarify the situation. This tortoise is not sick. Her one eye was closing & he suspected she must of poked it on something as she was acting healthy & fine. I purchased her a few weeks ago and Bill was going to hold her until spring for me which is going above & beyond. We had a window of warmth so he said he would ship her in that 2 day window as he would not ship her when it was cold (for her sake). At the last minute when going to pack her up noticed the eye. Being a fusy breeder who only wants to ship perfect healthy animals so even though he knew it was a minor thing he would not ship.She is fine today and her eye is open. I had to decide to take Amore 2 or wait until the temps got warmer again in the spring so he sent me Amore 2 who is beautiful & healthy. I just wanted to clarify so I don't give the wrong impression that he sells sick animals which would not be fair to Bill who has gone above and beyond what most breeders or sellers would ever do. I guess this little tort was just meant for me she is my Amore :shy: I would recommend him to anyone. If you visit his website you will see he is serious about his Hermanns. The tortoise I have is beautiful & healthy.

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Long Island, New York
Hi coincidently before seeing your post I got in contact with Bill Curtis and I am about to purchase a Western Hermann very soon. I was wondering if they are healthy from him and actually Western Hermann's?

Status
Not open for further replies.