New tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilyloose

5 Year Member
Hello all!
I have been in the market for a c.b. hatchling tort. I have seen many different ways of housing: outside, inside,tort boxes, terrariums etc, and was wondering what your opinions were for the "best" way to home the new little ones. Thanks! =)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, emilyloose!

Please go back to the main page, click on the Sulcata Section, then read the "important threads" at the top of the section. We have talked about keeping baby sulcatas quite a bit here on the forum, and there is plenty for you to read.

After you've 'boned up' on the subject, if you have further questions, we'll be happy to help you.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Toms great threads on raising a healthy, smooth sully is at the bottom of my post. The leopard one applies also.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Welcome to the Forum. Hatchlings are almost always kept inside. As they get past the danger stage they can go outside on a limited basis, depending on the weather. Their outside time should increase as they get bigger until they are living outside full time. For me, this was about a 2 year transition. Since you have a hatchling I would suggest you focus on creating a "closed chamber" for its indoor enclosure. It's the best way to control the heat and humidity that the baby needs. I was able to do this by adapting an aquarium and covering the top. Others build a more specialized enclosure for their hatchlings.

Status
Not open for further replies.