New Tort owner and Tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

5 Year Member
Hello everyone, I am a new Tort owner. Just a week ago I got a Sulcata. Her name is "Big Mama"..She is 9 in. long and 6.5 in wide. I am new to this, but understand the challenges and am leaning a TON of stuff (mostly from this Forum). I am looking forward to learning more and having a very happy Tort!

I kinda jumped in a little quicker than I should have.. Don't get me wrong, I am have been researching and learning quick.Recently while at a friends house, he had his Red Foot freely roaming his house. I though it was great! We spoke about it for a while about care and torts in general, then I decided I gotta do this......

So instead of finding a breeder, etc, etc, I went to a pet store and looked around. I actually thought what made Big Mama look cool was the raised Pyramids on her back.. So I was real surprised to read about "Pyramiding".. In fact I was reading a 32 page thread on here for an hour last night about it..

I'm really digging this and am going to make an outdoor enclosure in the spring (I'm in the Chicago suburbs, and its getting cooler now). Here are a couple pics of Big Mama. She is starting to warm up to her new home and eating great. New enclosure on its way too...

Big Mama rockin' the tank!
MarkE

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Mark:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

MarkE

5 Year Member
I thought I upoaded the pics.. Sorry.,,
MarkE

Attachments

• IMAG0142-1.jpg
    IMAG0142-1.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0143.jpg
    IMAG0143.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMAG0143-1.jpg
    IMAG0143-1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 20

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome to the forum
Enjoy your visits.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nice having both you and Big Momma joining us! So what are you planning for her inside enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.