New to tortoises Need Breeder advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfb2733

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Claymont, DE
Hello everyone. I am just beginging in the tortoise hobby and I am getting ready to purchace a hatchling Redfoot. I have been talking with Vicki Hale from the Tortoise Yard and believe that she is who I am going to buy from. I just wanted to see if anyone here has dealt with her in the past and how your experiance and tortoise was. Thanks alot in advance everyone......

jfb2733

5 Year Member
Claymont, DE
Or if anyone has a breeder that they highly recomend any info on the subject is highly appriciated.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry you have not gotten any help. I myself am not familiar with Vicki Halefrom or the Tortoise Yard, I do know that some of the members on this forum do sell Redfoot hatchlings, however the only person I can think of right now is Tyler Stewart and here is the link to his website.
http://www.TortoiseSupply.com

You can also send him a PM.

I hope someone will be able to help you get what you are looking for. Welcome to the forum and good luck finding a Redfoot tortoise..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi jfb2733:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Vicky Hale is a very reputable redfoot keeper and she sells some pretty nice babies.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Welcome to the forum. I do not know Vicki. It is true that there are several people on this site that have Redfoots. If you go to page to in the For Sale part of the forum, there are several listed on Page 2. It is up to you to choose your breeder. Vicki did have some nice torts listed on her site for sale.

I personally got a Cherry Head Rf from AllegraF, last week. I believe he has a posting for his torts and he is also on this site. The tort I purchased received a clean bill of health from the Vet, so I can stand by his torts. Good luck to you and again, welcome to the Forum.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Welcome to the forum :)

I have heard great things about Vicki, but no personal experience.

(Allegra is a woman, just FYI ;) And she also has GORGEOUS baby Redfoots. I think Terry Kilgore (Redfoot NERD) has some available or will soon as well. His babies are also very beautiful and well started.)

jfb2733

5 Year Member
Claymont, DE
I would like to thank everyone for their coments and imput. I have made my decision on a hatchling and I should be getting it Tuesday next week. I will post pictures then. I guess the only question I still have for everyone is that I dont understand some of your signatures. I mean I get it that its the type of Pets that you have and the breeds of them but I dont get the numbering in front...lol Its probably a silly question but trying to figure it out is driving me crazy and like I said very new to tortoises and this site..lol Any help with this would be apriciated.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Julian:

May we know where you are?

If you have a male tortoise along with two females and 3 babies of unknown sex, you would say it like this:

DocNezzy

5 Year Member
Don't feel bad. Took me a while to figure it out as well. That was a question even google had problems with! :) Also, Welcome! Glad to have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.