New to the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelledlover4life

5 Year Member
Hello everybody. My name is Tim and I'm new here. I've kept and breed aquatic turtles but I have my first two tortoises coming today. They are a 4-5 month old pair of dwarf marginated tortoises. I plan on raising and breeding them. I'm sure it wont be long and I'll be getting more tortoises. I have much more space than I use to so I know me and I love pretty much all turtles and tortoises so I'll have more probably sooner than later. I live on the eastern shore of Maryland. I've been working on their home and will post pics later today. I welcome any helpful tips or suggestions in helping to keep my little guys happy and healthy. I'm very glad to be here and look forward to making some new friends.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Tim! But I'm not real sure what you mean by "Dwarf" marginated tortoises. I've never heard of that.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Welcome:) I was wondering the same thing...are they yearlings/hatchlings?

oldkid

5 Year Member
Welcome! How about some pictures of them when you get them?

shelledlover4life

5 Year Member
Yes I had never heard of them either. They are identical to regular marginated except they only grow to about 8-9 inches. Though they are not listed as a sub species they have been named after the man who found them. I'll post the name later on. Here's a pick. I love them. Ok can't add pic. It keeps saying file upload failed.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to tfo! Whenever you get the pic uploading figured out you will have lots of people curious about your new torts...

shelledlover4life

5 Year Member
Still can't get pics posted. I'll keep trying though. I went with the 40/60ish mixture of topsoil and play sand for their substrate. They seem to like it. I want some real plants in there that if they eat it won't hurt them. Any suggestions? Also any help with pic uploading would help."

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Welcome :)

I'm very curious too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.