New to forum

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi everyone! I am not only new to this forum, but I also am the new owner of an abandoned Russian tortoise. I have never owned a tort before, but have been considering it the past few years. Needless to say, a friend knew I had been considering becoming a tort owner and called me when someone moved and abandoned this believed to be 2 year old female Russian tort to try & survive on her own. I currently live in Phoenix, AZ. I look forward to getting to know you all because I will obviously be asking a tons of newbie questions. The vet gave her a clean bill of health, but I've had her in a new much larger enclosure since 5/5/17 and she still hasn't shown any interest in eating and appears to be pretty shy. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi and a very warm welcome to the forum to you and your cute tort.

Don't panic/worry. Torts do not like change. Therefore they take time to get used to it when it's imposed on them.

Ruskietort

Location (City and/or State)
phoenix, az
Yay! The little stinker finally ate some organic mixed salad greens this morning. I got her outside enclosure finished and transferred her yesterday. She seems much more comfy, and she finally ate!