new sulcata???

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzy2208

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
illinois
Hello! I am thinking about getting a Sulcata tortoise. I have gone on several different websites researching about what it would need. And where i could get those things.im wondering if anyone knows where i can get the sulcata itself. Im looking for one thats at least 1 or 2 years old. I also have a russian tortoise that ive had for about 7 years now. Would the sulata be ok with the russian tortoise when i would take them out of their enclosures and let tham roam arould in my yard or huge livingroom? Or would i have to only take one out at a time?:D[/size][/font]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Try to find a tortoise rescue in your town. They usually have trouble finding people to adopt them and will always have some on hand.

No, its never a good idea to mix species of tortoise. Russians especially, should not be put with other species of tortoises. They are notoriously "dirty" because of the way they were captured and brought to the U.S.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
keep seperate.. and outside.. and rescue one if you can. But plan for the future.. do you have the space? $$ to house and heat in the winter?

Sulcata tortoise665

5 Year Member
You could probably take them out at the same time… sultanas are pretty docile when it comes to other animals.

I wouldn't keep them in the same enclosure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.