New Sri Lankan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHomieWill

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
This is my new Sri Lankan Star tortoise. Got her (temp sexed) last Thursday. Hope y'all like it!
DSC_0011_zpsffce4d71.jpg.html

TheHomieWill

5 Year Member
SoCal
Sorry about that wellington, here it is. Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 115

TheHomieWill

5 Year Member
SoCal
Thanks you guys. Im going to post some pics of her outdoor tub soon.

TheHomieWill

5 Year Member
SoCal
DSC_0001.JPGDSC_0002.JPGDSC_0004.JPG
TheHomieWill said:
This is my new Sri Lankan Star tortoise. Got her (temp sexed) last Thursday. Hope y'all like it!

Thanks CLMoss, i appreciate it ; if i have any cool info on this species, i'll let you know also. Well anyways you guys here are some photos of the enclosure. its a 24"X36" mixing tub which i have used for my previous hatchlings (box turtles, hermans, etc) without any health issues. I also made the screen lid with human-safe PVC pipes and zip ties for hinges. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
TheHomieWill said:
TheHomieWill said:

Thanks CLMoss, i appreciate it ; if i have any cool info on this species, i'll let you know also. Well anyways you guys here are some photos of the enclosure. its a 24"X36" mixing tub which i have used for my previous hatchlings (box turtles, hermans, etc) without any health issues. I also made the screen lid with human-safe PVC pipes and zip ties for hinges. Enjoy!

Please do!!! I would love some new info. Love how small your Star is, but they grow up really quick! Enjoy while s/he is so small.
Also, I really like your set up, but remember that s/he need an area that is cool and away from the strong sunlight. I know of too many Stars that died due to overheating. In addition, watch that your Star does not "flip." Hatchlings like to climb on just about anything...and can flip on his/her back. Just keep your eye on her/him.

~C

Status
Not open for further replies.