New Picture Of Old Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I was looking for something today and came across this and thought I would put some water and a young red ear slider in it and take a pic. Took me back many years,and this little guy really hated it. Len

LindaF

5 Year Member
OMG! That took me back to the 60s. All the poor baby turtles of my childhood that had those little lagoons. So glad I know better now.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw-w. What we refer to as the Death Bowl.

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
Isn't it sad that pet stores sell the worst set ups. I am an animal lover as most of us are and it still kills me that pets stores sell wire bottom cage for rabbits and guinea pigs! That is awful for their feet, not to mention they can be litter box trained so completely unnecessary :( oh well, all we can do is educate other owners. I think they still sell those little lagoon things.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Took me back in time as well. Check out that sewing machine and that Prince Albert tobacco tin. I agree, I think I had two little turtle setups, before my Mother said...NO MORE!!

Glad I know better now. It didn't change my love for animals. Thanks for the memories.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
...and the wire crate of old, glass milk bottles...and the cast iron Boston Terrier...and.....

...and would that be a first edition of Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan of the Apes?

Status
Not open for further replies.