New owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshiemouse

5 Year Member
I am a new owner of a russian tortuous named Tuck. We have a appt with a vet to make sure everything is A OK with him. I feed him lots of greens that I've been reading on the forum mixed in with pellets from the pet store. We live in a apartment so he lives in a large tank that gets sprayed with water everyday. He has free range of the house when the kiddos are sleeping and goes outside when weather permits for exercise. Do I need to get a mister? And where would I get one? His tank is 82 during day and we turn the ight off at night and it gets to 72. Should I leave it on all night? Pointers would be great since I want to take the best care of him since he's a new member of the family.

image-298912780.png

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
RE: Hello

Hello, Welshiemouse:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

and may we know appx where in the world you are?

Russian tortoises are great little tortoises! The moist environment isn't so important anymore because your tortoise is full grown. Moist substrate and humidity are for growing babies. Just make sure he has water to drink, and you can even soak him once a week.

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
Welcome to TFO. Do as Yvonne said. Nice looking RT you have there. I would have to say that he/she is at least 5 yrs. old. Good Luck. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.